Operational Positions - Calling all Volunteers!
#1 - THANK YOU'S: I would like to offer a sincere "thank you" to the RMMLA Directors below who have completed their terms.
Brian Borkowsky: Brian has served as the 3rd Vice President for the past four years. During this time, Brian has been instrumental in vastly improving our access to facilities. During his tenure, our allotted arena time at Cam Neely Arena and also at Pitt Arena has been increased by a large amount. As well, his tireless work with the City has resulted in increased field time at Westview, and also increased field time at some of our grass fields. In addition, Brian could always be found linking the fields for play, fixing equipment, and doing whatever else needed to be done. He has truly been a huge part of the club these past few years, and his dedication to his director position will be truly missed.
Ellie Bradley: Ellie has served as the Secretary for the past four years. During this time, she has dealt with plenty of paperwork and communications. As well, she could always be found helping out in other various areas. Her input and ideas were valued and certainly help the club grow stronger.
Stan Hunter: Stan has served as the Second Director at Large over the past two years. During this time, Stan help with sponsorship, soliciting funds for the club that help keep our registration fees from increasing more. Also, Stan was always found behind the scenes, setting things up and helping out whenever anyone needed a hand.
#2 - OPERATIONAL POSITIONS - We are looking for members or non-members to fulfill the following roles for the 2017-2018 season:
- Facilities Allocator: allocating our field, box and arena time to teams; requires a fairly substantial time commitment
- Head Referee: mentoring and training our referees
- Head Coach (Junior Male): helping to recruit, train and support male team coaches from Mini-Tyke to Novice
- Head Coach (Senior Male): helping to recruit, train and support male team coaches from Pee Wee to Midget
- Head Coach (Female): helping to recruit, train and support female team coaches
- Assistant Female Director: working with the Female Director on our Female Program
- Referee Allocator: working with Head Ref to schedule referees each week
- Equipment Manager: maintaining & ordering equipment
- Webmaster/ Social Media: maintaining our website, Facebook, and Twitter
- Apparel Coordinator: administration and distribution of RMMLA apparel
- Recognition Coordinator: photos, awards night, and other recognition
- Division Managers: we need several Division Managers to act as liasions between team managers and the Executive
- Tournament Chair: any individual interested in chairing an RMMLA tournament for this coming season.
- Event Coordinators: any individual interested in running an event, such as BBQ, etc.
I'd encourage everyone to get involved with their child's lacrosse...these positions do require a time commitment, but nothing unmanageable. It's a great way to get involved, and we really have a lot of fun also! If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com Deadline is Tuesday, September 12th.
#3 - 2017/2018 RMMLA Board of Directors
President - Ron Williams
1st Vice President - John Olson
2nd President - Kelly Scott
3rd Vice President - Gord Kask
4th Vice President - AndreaRae Thauberger
Female Director - Trish Kingsbury
Treasurer - Jas Singh
Registrar - Nicole Hankins
Secretary - Tamara Bollinger
1st Director at Large - Glen Bzowy
2nd Director at Large - Curt Malawsky
3rd Director at Large - Justin Doucette